If you have Pyramid previously installed, an upgrade installation will be performed instead of the standard installation process.
BEWARE: Backup your database repository before performing an upgrade. In the event of upgrade failure, the system can ONLY be restored using the backup.
As with all upgrades to production-deployed software, Pyramid highly recommends that customers test the latest release on test servers - using mission critical content - to ensure it performs and responds as expected before deploying into production.
- Run the installation file with administrative rights as described here
- In a multi-server environment, the installer needs to be run independently on each host machine. We recommend running the upgrade one machine at a time.
- Accept the EULA
- You will be prompted with an upgrade notice and a reminder to upgrade the database repository. Check the box if you have performed this task.
- The upgrade installation will now be performed.
- Services are first de-activated. In a multi-server cluster, all services across the cluster are deactivated by the first upgrade. This brings the application offline.
- Once complete the installer will check if all services in your installation are running the same version. If they are, you will be prompted to perform the post install upgrade procedures.
- In a single server installation, this step is skipped, and all post install procedures are run.
- In a multi-server installation, the installer will check the entire cluster. If all machines in the cluster are on the latest version, the post-install procedures will be run.
- If post install procedures are run, you will be prompted to supply enterprise admin account credentials: user name and password
- Once credentialed, the installation will complete and re-activates all services - bringing the application back online.
Repeat the above steps for each server in a multiple server deployment.
Step 6 and 7 will not happen until the last server in the cluster is upgraded, because the entire cluster needs to be on the same version for re-activation and post-install procedures.