All Pyramid applications can be uninstalled with the included uninstaller application:
Windows 10, Windows Server 2016 onward
To uninstall any of the applications in Windows 10:
- Go to the Start menu and select Settings
- Open System and select Apps and Features
- Select "Pyramid" and click the "Uninstall" button
- Click the Uninstall pop-up button to confirm and follow prompts to finish uninstalling the software
Windows 7/8, Windows Server 2008-2012R2
To uninstall any of the applications in Windows 7/8:
- Go to the Start menu and open the Control Panel
- Open Programs and Features
- Right click on "Pyramid" and select Uninstall/Change
Follow the prompts to finish uninstalling the software
Alternatively, go to the installation directory where Pyramid is installed. Double click on the file "uninstall.exe" and complete the wizard.
To uninstall any of the applications, open a terminal session and run the 'uninstall' application found in the installation directory. Ensure you run the program with administrative rights ("sudo")
- The default install location is /opt/Pyramid
- To uninstall run
Backup the Data
Note that if you are uninstalling an already running environment, you should backup the database and the following folders:
- Be sure to backup the In-memory databases:
- On Windows the default location is typically: "C:\Program Files\Pyramid\repository\imdata"
- On Linux the default location is typically "/opt/Pyramid/repository/imdata"
- You may also want to backup the publication folder:
- On Windows the default location is here: "C:\Program Files\Pyramid\repository\general"
- On Linux the default location is here: "/opt/Pyramid/repository/imdata/general"
For details, see this link in the User Community site.
If your uninstaller fails, or if you have uninstalled Pyramid but some components were not removed, follow the steps below.
- Uninstall the application properly from Windows (from the control panel) or Linux as described above
- Check that the installation folder and Pyramid services are completely removed. If the folder was not deleted reboot the machine and then manually delete it.
- Uninstall the R and Python installations if not removed by the uninstaller.
- If the Pyramid services are not removed by the uninstaller, follow this link to the User Community site. Download and run the attached command script (Windows only). This script will wipe out all services and folder shares and remove the registry entries.
- Ensure that NO "Pyramid ..." services exist.
- Check that Registry entry was removed. If it wasn't, delete it manually.
- Reboot the machine before trying to re-install again.
If some Pyramid services do not get removed, then save the script to your computer (you will need to unzip the file). Then run it as an administrator. It will stop and delete services and remove folder shares. When the machine is clean, you can attempt to reinstall if needed. Be sure to restart the machine between uninstalling and re-installing.