Connect this node to a table to add a Universal Unique Identifier (UUID) or a numeric sequence as an additional column at the beginning of the table. This is useful if you need to add ID's or create a primary key column.
How to Configure an Add Sequence Node
Connect the Sequence node to the Select node representing the relevant table. Go to the Properties panel to configure the node:
- UUID: choose this option to add a column of universally unique identifiers (UUID).
- Numeric: choose this option to add a user-defined numeric sequence column. When this option is selected, you'll need to set the following fields:
- Incremental Value: the increment by which to increase the numeric value per row. This is set to 1 by default, but can be changed.
- Start With: the value of the first row. This is set to 1 by default, but can be changed.
- Minimum Value: the minimum value in the sequence column. Leave this field blank if no minimum is required.
- Maximum Value: the maximum value in the sequence column. If the given maximum value is reached before the last row in the column, the sequence will begin again from the 'start' value. Leave this field blank if no maximum is required.
- Column Name: provide a name for the new column.
By default, Sequence columns are hidden and do not appear in the data model in Discover unless unhidden from Data Modeling.
In this example, a numeric sequence column was added with an incremental value of 2, starting at 2 and with a maximum value of 10: