Returns the email address of the currently logged in user.
- Returned Output: Text
- Library: PQL \ Common \ Identity
- Version: 2018.00.000
- Can be combined with and other PQL function throughout the application.
- It CANNOT be used with MDX or VBA functions. But it can be used on MDX-based content in other parts of the application.
- The function returns a text string of the user's registered email address.
- The function takes no inputs
- The function is often used to customize the way queries or formula's operate based on the user that is currently running a report or dashboard. It can also be used in driving member level security for data models - allowing a data model to be customized for each user logging into the application.
Different Function types
- The other "identity" functions can be used to secure and customize the analytics experience. For more see the UserName function.
This example shows how to use the function to build a personalized welcome message for the logged in User "Avi".
"Dear " + UserfirstName() + ", a copy of this report has been generated and will be emailed to you at " + UserEmail() + "."
The natural language template allows us to formulaically build out the message using a combination of the user's recorded first name and email address. This can be driven from Present, Publish or Illustrate dynamic text functionality, as shown below.