Returns a random integer between the lower and upper bounds provided.
- Returned Output: Numeric
- Library: PQL \ Common \ Math
- Version: 2018.00.000
- Can be combined with and other PQL function throughout the application.
- It CANNOT be used with MDX or VBA functions. But it can be used on MDX-based content in other parts of the application.
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The first numeric argument is the lower bound; the second is the upper bound.
- The two values should be integers
Different Function types
- This function is like the Excel random function.
- Also see RandomDouble for random decimal numbers.
This example randomly returns "5" , picking a number between 0 and 10.
This example randomly returns -73 , picking a number between -100 and 0.