Checks if a supplied string starts with the sub-string.
- Returned Output: Boolean
- Library: PQL \ Common \ String
- Version: 2018.00.000
- Can be combined with and other PQL function throughout the application.
- It CANNOT be used with MDX or VBA functions. But it can be used on MDX-based content in other parts of the application.
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The text and search text strings can be any alphanumeric set of characters.
- The method returns true if the result is positive. Otherwise it returns false.
Different Function types
- This function is similar to the Excel find function.
- See related functions: Equals, EndsWith, Contains,
This example returns true because the input string "apple" starts with the sub-string "app"