The BI Office to Pyramid 2018 Conversion Utility is a desktop application for administrators to convert BI Office (6.x) content to the newer Pyramid 2018 platform.
- Download the Conversion Utility application from the BI Office customer portal.
- Install the desktop application on a Windows desktop or server. Administrative rights may be required.
- Ensure that the machine is on the same network as the BI Office repository and it has connectivity to the Pyramid 2018 instance via its URL.
- Note: Since BI Office uses Active Directory, the same AD setup needs to be employed in Pyramid 2018 for the converter to operate.
- Run the utility from the desktop icon or start menu.
Quick Guide to Operation
- First, the operator is asked to connect to the BI Office database repository as well as to the Pyramid 2018 server instance (URL).
- Next, the operator is asked to select which functionality they wish to use. (see below)
- Last, the utility is launched, where it will start a multi-phase processing cycle to processing the selected items.
The converter has 3 tracks:
- Content Purger (Red): this tool allows administrators to delete and purge existing BI Office content
- Security Conversion (Purple): This converts selected users and roles from BI Office to Pyramid 2018
- Content Conversion (Blue): This converts selected content items as well as associated users and roles and custom calculations from BI Office to Pyramid 2018.