Custom maps enable you to import custom shape maps rather than the standard shapes that come Pyramid's geospatial database. For example, you may want to create a map showing regions, like EU, NAFTA and APAC.
Before using this feature. custom maps need to be enabled from the Geospatial Settings page.
NOTE: this feature is available with the Enterprise edition only.
NOTE: this feature currently supports geo.json shape files only.
Watch this video on how to create custom maps, based on your own custom shapes
Click the Import button, and select the required GeoJson file. This will then upload the file to the server. It may take some time to import very large files through the web.
In the panel enter the following:
- Map Caption: add a caption for the new shapes list. This will be used in data models and overlays to designate data columns correctly to work with this custom shape set.
- Table Name: set a name for the table to be stored in the custom shapes database.
- Column Look-up: select a column from the GeoJson file that contains the look-up keys that matches your data. When using that column of data in the visualizations, the key values will be used to find and draw the appropriate map shapes.
- Security check this box to assign the custom shape file to a specific tenant. Then select the relevant tenant from the list. If unsecured, all users on the platform can see and use the custom map shapes.
- Click a row in the custom map manager to open and edit the custom map. From here all relevant details can be adjusted and changed.
- Click the delete button to remove a custom map from the system. (This includes deleting the table from the database). Deletes cannot be undone.