Pyramid supports the classic Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology, where content may be developed in once Pyramid instance, shifted to a testing instance and then pushed to a final production Pyramid instance. To enable this functionality, content can be exported and imported in 3 ways:
- API programmatic Export / Import: via the REST APIs for managing content
- Manual Export / Import: via context menus in the Content Management System, using manual movement of the files
- Migration Wizard: via context menus in the Content Management System, using a point-and-click wizard
To enable the Migration Wizard, migration destinations need to be preconfigured in the admin on this page.
The migration Wizard is only available in the Enterprise Edition.
Important: content migration is available for Domain and Enterprise Administrators only.
Setting up Target Destinations
To setup a migration destination that can be used with the migration wizard, start by clicking the Add Migration Address button. In the panel below:
- Provide a name for the destination
- The URL for the destination version of Pyramid that will be the target of the migration. Be sure to use HTTPS if it is SSL secured.
- Check the "Secured" box if the destination will be limited to certain tenants, then pick the appropriate tenant from the drop down.
- Last, provide the account that will be sued to auto-login to the destination to retrieve the target's folder structure.
- If the target system uses Active Directory, provide the NetBios domain name
Click test to ensure the connection works and then Save.