Note: this option is only available when working with multi-level regular hierarchies
Since the metadata exposed forms the body of the data catalog function in Pyramid, the overlay capabilities allow for a personalization of the Data Catalog using a centralized mechanism based on security.
How to Set Level Overlay
- After selecting the required data model and role, open the Level Overlay panel.
- Edit the level overlay as required:
- Description: add or edit the hierarchy level's description
- Alternative Name: apply an alternative name to the hierarchy level. The role that's applied to the overlay will see the alternative name instead of the original hierarchy name.
- Type: add or edit the type to which the hierarchy or hierarchy level belongs.
- Click Apply to save changes.