There are times when a customer chooses to move their installation of Pyramid from one set of servers to another. Since the license keys are coded to a specific set of hardware (physical or virtual), there is a need to detach the licenses from a specific set of hardware keys (aka "machine keys") so that a new set of keys can be regenerated for the new hard system (and its unique machine keys).
- To deactivate an existing Pyramid instance, click the deactivate button.
- You will be prompted with a warning about deactivation: ALL LICENSES WILL BE REMOVED. This step cannot be undone.
- You will be presented with a deactivation key. DO NOT LOSE THIS KEY. You will need it to regenerate a new machine key to re-instantiate the instance on the new hardware. Click the COPY KEY button to grab the deactivation code.
- Once you click OK, the client application will reload and you will be prompted to enter a new license again if you choose to reuse this cluster.
To generate a new license using your deactivation code, you need to:
- Return the Pyramid Customer Portal.
- On the license tab, find the matching license key and choose the "Reassign License" button.
- In the pop-up dialog, enter the deactivation code from above as well as the new machine key from the new Pyramid installation.
- This will then regenerate new license keys that work on the new instance.