Transaction logging provides a listing of all transactional queries run by users in the analytics tools against data sources. The transaction logs do NOT include any queries run against the repository.
Transaction logging is enabled by default. To change the log settings, go to The Settings > Logging to enable this feature.
The transaction log page is broken into 2 panels.
The top panel shows a summary of all transactions processed :
- the target data source (server)
- the Pyramid processing server (run time engine)
- the database type
- the database name
- the user
- time stamp of the transaction;
And high level stats on the transaction and query. This includes:
- Result size: the number of cells (rows x columns) in the query result
- Connection Time: the time is took to establish a connection in milliseconds
- Query Time: the time it took for the data source to execute and return the query in milliseconds
- Post Query: the time Pyramid spent on processing the query result in milliseconds
- Engine: the total time needed to submit the query and process it before returning it to the client (Connection + Query + Post) in milliseconds
The bottom panel shows specifics and the syntax for any selected transaction.
- The raw SQL or MDX query run against the data source. This can be used independently to optimize certain databases
- Query info : a break down of how each component of the query performance
The benchmark logs are provided for more detailed insight into transaction performance.