The Windows Client Desktop installer is designed to install a standalone desktop client application only for viewing and consuming Pyramid. It does NOT include the main application server components.
The Windows Desktop client is useful for end users who:
- Prefer to use a quick entry into Pyramid without the inconvenience of a browser
- Do not have access to a fully compliant HTML5 browser
The client itself does not require a license. However, when connecting to the server, each user needs a named user license.
The installer will require elevated privileges on the target machine.
- First select an installation location on the host machine
- Click Next to complete the installation.
- At the end, you can elect to launch the client immediately or use the desktop icon to start the application.
On initial load up, you will be prompted to enter 3 values:
- First is the URL of the site hosting Pyramid. Be sure to designate HTTP to HTTPS as appropriate
- Next, supply your user name and then your password.