User defaults are a set of options to drive the basic user experience for Pro users. These can be set administratively and then customized by each user for themselves.
- Presentation Launcher: sets how dashboards should load up from the content explorer:
- Slides View Mode: clicking on a presentation will show a preview of all its slides; open the presentation in edit mode, or click on a slide to open the presentation in runtime from the selected slide.
- Direct: clicking on a presentation will open it in runtime from the first slide.
- Content View: sets which view of the content manager to start with when a user first accesses the content system.
- Single Click/ Touch: users can interact with visualizations via the selection tools and the context menus. Select a data interaction type that should occur with a single left mouse click.
- Double Click: select a data interaction type that should occur with a double left mouse click.
- Slicer: set the default slicer type; when a new slicer is configured, it will use the default type. Slicers can be edited and visualized as a different type.
- Slicer Elements Limits: set the maximum number of elements to be returned by a slicer.
- Visual: set the default visual; when building queries in Discover, they will automatically be displayed with the default visual.
- Color Logic: set the default color logic for the color drop zone.
- Grid Design: set the default grid design.
- Slicer Execution: define whether slicer's default execution should be automatic or manual.
- Query Execution: define whether query execution should be automatic or manual.
- Default Tooltip: automatically show or hide the default tooltips.
- Empties: automatically show or hide empty cells in the query when working with MS OLAP or Tabular data models.
- Chart Scale Starts From: define the default start for chart axis scales; either 0 or automatic.
OLAP and BW
- Choose Language: set the language to the cube's default language, or to the application language (the currently selected language in Pyramid).
- Context Heuristics: automatically enable context heuristics when working with MS OLAP or Tabular data models.
- Model Colors: automatically enable model colors when working with MS OLAP or Tabular data models.
- Model Formats: automatically enable model formats when working with MS OLAP or Tabular data models.
- Calculated Members: automatically include calculated members from the cube structure in the query.
- Sub Query Mode: automatically enable sub query mode when working with MS OLAP or Tabular data models.
- Optimize Totals: automatically enable optimize totals when working with MS OLAP or Tabular data models.
- Show Panels: turn visualization panels on or off by default.
- Auto Interact: enable auto interaction by default.
- Snap to Grid: enable snap to grid by default.