The master flow is a powerful feature that provides users with the flexibility to perform complex data cleansing and manipulation.
Access the Master Flow
The Master Flow is designed for use by pro users, and is hidden by default. To open the master flow, click the Show Master Flow button from the Model ribbon. If you've already configured a data flow and model, they will automatically be added to the master flow.
General nodes include:
- Data Flow: add a data flow node to reference a data flow. Add the node, then name it, them open the Data Flow tab to configure it. You can add multiple data flow nodes, with each node connected to a different data flow.
- SQL Script: use this node to write a SQL script. Depending on your requirements, this may or may not be connected to another node. Add the SQL Script node and name it. Next, select the database and data model that you want to query using the script, then write your script.
- You have the option to use the results as variables.
- Data Model: use this node to reference a data model.
- Set Variable: this node is used to connect to a variable. Add the node and name it, then select the variable from the Properties panel and write an expression in the Expression Editor.
- REST API: use this node to call an API. Add the node and name it. Next, select the API method from the drop-down list. Then paste the REST API URL or write an expression in the Expression Editor.
- Pyramid Event: this node enables you to schedule an existing publication or data model. With the node selected, find the required publication or model in the content tree; once its selected, you can choose to run its existing schedule, or configure a new schedule.
Configure the following loops:
- For Loop: initialize values from a variable and set a condition that will cause the loop to stop running.
- For Each Loop: iterates through each row in the referenced list variable.
- While Loop:continuously perform the loop while the given condition is met. The loop will stop running once the condition is not met.
Write conditional expressions to determine the execution of nodes dynamically:
- Conditional: create a conditional expression
- Switch:create a switch expression.
Use messaging to trigger an email, WhatsApp message, or SMS:
- Email: send out an email.
- SMS: send an SMS.