There are two ways to add dynamic text to your reports:
Add Dynamic Text from Illustrate
You can easily add dynamic text from Illustrate by locating it in the Content panel in Present. As with adding any other visuals to your presentation, simply find the required text in the folder tree and drag it onto the canvas.
See Build Dynamic Text for step by step instructions.
Configure Dynamic Text in Present
You can build dynamic text from within Present, in order to add dynamic text on the fly.
- Add a text box to the slide and write the required text
- Highlight the text that should be dynamic
- Use the dynamic text function in the text ribbon to replace the relevant text with dynamic values
- From the content tree in the lower panel, select the required grid, and then choose the specific cell(s) that should be injected into the text
- To learn about the functions and formats available in the Formula panel, click here
Walkthrough: Build Dynamic Text
Add a textbox to the slide by clicking the Text icon in the canvas menu. In the textbox, write the required text.
Remove the words that should be dynamic, and place the cursor in the space where the dynamic text should appear. Click the Dynamic Text button from the Component ribbon to open the Dynamic Text wizard.
In the Content panel, find and select the grid you want to base your dynamic text on.
Select the relevant cell, and apply any relevant query, math, or date functions and define the format. Test your dynamic text, and then click Apply.
Your dynamic text will be added to the slide.