Converts a string of date into a date value that can be used for subsequent date operations.
- Returned Output: Date-Time
- Library: PQL \ Common \ Date-Time
- Version: 2018.00.000
- Can be combined with and other PQL function throughout the application.
- It CANNOT be used with MDX or VBA functions. But it can be used on MDX-based content in other parts of the application.
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The text string must be a reasonably valid expression of dates.
- The text mask is an optional input that instructs the engine on how to read the string to construct the date or time.
- The function produces a date value that can be used with other subsequent functions to manipulate date values.
Different Function types
- This function is like the Excel DateValue function.
- Also see the StringToDateTime function. Unlike StringtoDateTime, this method returns date objects only - without the time element.
This example produce a date-time value for January 5th, 2018
This example produce a date-time value for May 1st, 2018