Returns the current date or time members from a date or time based attribute.
- Returned Output: Member
- Library: PQL \ Semantic \ Date-Time
- Version: 2018.00.000
- Compatibility: Pyramid Query Language (PQL) data sources
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The hierarchy or attribute needs to be the unique name for an existing date or time hierarchy in the model.
- If the hierarchy is date only, the returned member is today's date.
- If the hierarchy is time only, the returned member is the current time (to the closest minute).
- If the hierarchy is date-time, the returned member is today's date at the current time.
- For details on how to employ and use this function see the semantic calculation overview.
Different Function types
- To use a simple date-time operation, use the Common library function.
This returns the member February 6th 2019 in the dateKey hierarchy of the data table (today's date):
CurrentPeriod( [data].[dateKey] )