Returns a list of elements by specifying starting and ending members from the same hierarchy or attribute.
- Returned Output: List
- Library: PQL \ Semantic \ List
- Version: 2018.00.000
- Compatibility: Pyramid Query Language (PQL) data sources
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- Supply two member arguments for "From" and "To". The member names need to be the unique name.
- The order in which the members are supplied is irrelevant; the resulting list will begin with the earlier member and end with the later one.
- The members must be from the same hierarchy.
- For details on how to employ and use this function see the semantic calculation overview.
This function is like the MDX colon ":" function; it retrieves the members in a range denoted by a start and end.
This example retrieves all members starting from Esics, up to and including Poomah, from the Manufacturer attribute:
Range( [manufacturers].[manufacturer].[Esics], [manufacturers].[manufacturer].[Poomah] )
Using the table below, this method would return Esics, Nuke, Old balance, Over Armour, and Poomah: