Returns the next member in a hierarchy following the specified member, based on the hierarchy's natural order.
- Returned Output: Member
- Library: PQL \ Semantic \ Member
- Version: 2018.00.000
- Compatibility: Pyramid Query Language (PQL) data sources
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The member needs to be the unique name of an existing member in a hierarchy in the model.
- For details on how to employ and use this function see the semantic calculation overview.
Different Function types
- This function is similar to the MDX nextmember function.
- The reciprocal PrevMember function operates similarly.
The following example would return the member 2019 from the year hierarchy in the dates dimension (or table):
NextMember( [dates].[year]. )