Measure names and expressions are passed to functions in PQL to return measure members in a data model.
Syntax & Usage
- The "measures" hierarchy name is fixed and should always precede the name of the measure which should be enclosed in square brackets.
- The dimension or table name is used in Semantic Calculations.
- Granular calculations do use "measures". Instead they would address the table columns that are used to create measures.
- By definition every measures name is unique.
Different Function types
- This function is like MDX measure objects.
This examples is a data point expression that is comprised of 2 coordinates from a model: Australia, from the country column in the customer dimension, and the sales MEASURE: