Settings for how the different services will communicate and interoperate.
In a multi-server deployment (cluster), the internal Routing Service will automatically send requests to the various engines to share the load. Changing the load balancing settings in this panel will determine the method for sharing:
- Round Robin - Going down the list of servers in the group, the round-robin load balancer forwards a task to each server in turn. When it reaches the end of the list, the load balancer loops back and goes down the list again
- Performance Routing - The load balancer will share out tasks based on a evaluation of the load a given server is under in comparison to other servers in the cluster. This is affected both by its hardware settings (virtual or bare metal) and by the current list of tasks it is processing.
Note: This feature is only available in the Enterprise edition
Internal network encryption offers an additional layer of security, by enabling the encryption of communication between the Pyramid services internally. By default, internal network encryption is not enabled.
Note: Enabling internal encryption may affect performance
Note: This feature does NOT need to be enabled to use external encryption via SSL for the web client.
- Proactive Garbage Collection: automatically free up memory by removing unused items. Every half-hour, Pyramid will check if there are unused items; if so the garbage collection will run. The garbage collector can also be run for a specified service from the Summaries Panel, or for all services from Server Instances.
- Proactive Renderer Collection: automatically clear printing processes every half-hour to free up printing services.
Many organizations use Proxy Servers as part of their internet gateway topology. Since there are various items within Pyramid that require access to the internet, the proxy server configuration may be needed to enable these functions.
Note: This feature currently supports printing of map visualizations, and querying Google BigQuery and Google Analytics data sources.
To configure a proxy server:
- Check 'Enable proxy server'
- Provide the proxy server's address and port.
- If your proxy server requires login credentials, select 'Use Credentials' and enter the server's user name and password.
- Choose whether or not to bypass the proxy server for local addresses.