Since the metadata exposed forms the body of the data catalog function in Pyramid, the overlay capabilities allow for a personalization of the Data Catalog using a centralized mechanism based on security.
How to Edit the Measure Overlay
- With the relevant data model and user role selected, open the Measure Overlay panel.
- Edit the metadata for the relevant measures Only users assigned to the selected role will see the edited overlay. You can edit:
- Display Folder: the display folder in which the measure appears in the Measure tree.
- Description: add a description to the measure.
- Alternative Name:give the measure an alternative name, which the given role will see instead of the original Measure Name.
- Format String: click the format string, and navigate through the drop down list to select a different format string