Workflows and conversations can be opened from within Discover, Present, and from the Workflow Feed. Workflows are applied to the asset itself. This means that a workflow created in Discover is also accessible from Present (and vice versa). So if a conversation is started in Discover and the asset then added to a presentation, the conversation will be accessible from both Discover and Present. If a global cell level workflow is started in Present, it will be accessible everywhere that cell appears (in any visual containing that cell) in both Discover and Present.
This topic covers how to open and manage workflow from Discover. To learn about managing workflow from Present, click here.
Open a Member or Cell Level Workflow
Start by enabling workflows from the Home ribbon. When a workflow is added at the member or cell level, a highlight will appear over the given member or cell in a grid. In a chart, the highlight will appear in the tooltip.
There are two ways to open the workflow :
- Right click on the cell or member, and select Show Workflows from the context menu. The workflow will open in the Workflow panel.
- Open the Workflow Panel (by clicking Workflow in the Home ribbon) and filter by global or report specific workflows. A list of workflows based on any member or cell in the visual will open. Click the relevant workflow to open it.
In Discover, enable workflows from the Home ribbon to open the workflow panel. From the workflow panel you can start a new workflow, or open an existing workflow. The workflow panel displays your workflows for the current data discovery. You can open report level, member level, and cell level workflows from the panel.
To find and open workflows:
- Filter by Global workflows or Discovery Specific workflows (Present specific workflows are included when filtering by Discover specific workflows)
- Click Refresh to update your list of workflows
- Click on a workflow to open it
The workflow level is denoted by the icon:
- Report level
- Member level
- Cell level
The workflows are color-coded according to type:
- Discover-specific workflows are displayed with a green bar
- Global workflows are displayed with a yellow bar
Send a Conversation to a New Member
You can send an email alert to participant you've added to the conversation both on creation and for every new comment added. Click here for more details.
Leave a Workflow or Conversation
Once you've opened a workflow, you can remove yourself as a participant from that workflow. To do this, click the context menu (three ellipses) and select Leave.