By default, the color of the report background is determined by the currently selected report theme. The background color can be changed from the Background Color drop-down color picker in the Formatting panel.
Change the Background Color
For each visualization, the Background Color drop-down is located on the first tab of the Formatting panel for the visual. For instance, to change the background color for a matrix grid, go to the Labels tab of the Matrix Grid view of the Formatting Panel.
Or to change the background color of a column chart, go to the Fill tab of the Column Chart view of the Formatting Panel (as in the image below).
The panel is divided into parts:
- Theme Colors: These colors have been assigned from the current report theme.
- Standard Colors: These colors are available for all visualizations, regardless of the report theme.
- Custom Colors: These colors have been used already and can be used again.
- More Colors: Choose a custom Hex or RGB color. Once used, your selection is added to the Custom Colors.
- Find a Color: Use the Chat GPT integration to generate a color.
In this example, the chart background was changed from the default color (white) to blue:
The background color can also be changed from the Design ribbon: