Measures can be defined from the new custom column using the Measures Settings dialogue. Measures defined in this way operate at the granular level, calculated as part of the query on each row in the underlying table. They allow the extension of Semantic Model Measures by users at run time for calculations that are required to be executed for each record in th underlying table.
- Name: the name of the new Measure that will appear in the calculated Measures panel in the saved folder.
- Description: a description of the measure
- Aggregation: how the Measure will be aggregated in the Semantic Model. See Column Configuration for more details on Measure aggregations.
- Format Mask: how the Measure will be formatted on display.
- Scale: <insert definition>
- Click here for a walk through of creating a custom column measure