The Model component is designed as the set of tools for users to prepare, condition, and structure their data for analysis.
Use the quick modeling tools if you want Pyramid to automatically built the data model for you. There are two options for quick modeling:
- Smart Modeling: import a file as a datasource, and Pyramid will build the data model for you.
- Existing Database Model: this option allows you to quickly add a new data model to an existing database. Users must select the relevant database and server, and have the option to edit the relationships between the tables. Pyramid will then create a new data model on the database that was selected.
Use the Full Modeling options to build the ETL, perform data manipulation, define the joins, and build data models. There are two Full Modeling options:
- Model Lite: provides users with a simple method of building data models. Follow the Step by Step wizard to easily perform ETL and build data models.
- Model Pro: with this option, advanced users can build custom ETL, perform advanced data manipulation (like machine learning, scripting engines, column operations, and more). Users build the ETL by creating a data flow on the canvas, where they add the data source and select which tables to import, perform the required data manipulation, and add the target. They then progress to the next stage to build the data model, and then set security for the database, data model, and machine learning models.
- Schedule a data model, to ensure your data is kept up to date.