The custom column settings define the save context of the custom column (i.e., in which table the resulting virtual column should appear) and a number of other properties of the custom column:
- Column Name the name of the new calculated column.
- Parent Table: the name of the table in which the new calculated column will exist. Defaults to the name of the table being edited and cannot be changed.
- Hide Attribute: a check box to optionally hide the new virtual column.
- Display Folder: defines how the custom column appears in the Discover Dimensions elements panel.
- Sort By Column: sets default sorting of the values (Members) in the calculated custom column. See Column Configuration for more details.
- Category Type: sets the category of the attribute, such as Date (Years, Months, Weeks etc.), Geographic (Latitude / Longitude, Country, State, etc.). See Column Configuration for more details.