Tabulate features three ribbons, exposing a range of functionality that can be used to change the design and formatting of the tabulation, provide logic, query and data merging and manipulation functionality. These features offer the user a tremendous amount of flexibility when it comes to merging and mashing data sources. They also give the user great freedom in terms of defining the look and feel of the tabulation.
This is displayed as the default when Tabulate is started. It can be displayed, when required, by clicking the Tabulate icon on the Ribbon Tab:
Items on the Main Ribbon provide access to the most frequently used functions within Tabulate.
- Clipboard Area: Allows users to cut, copy, paste and apply the format painter to copy formatting from one cell to other cells.
- Font Area: Applies fonts, font sizes, indentation, font formatting, borders, and colors to the selected text.
- Paragraph Area: Applies vertical and horizontal alignment, word wrap and merge and center to the selected text.
- Number Area: Allows formatting of numbers, currencies, percentage, comma, and increase or decrease of decimal places.
- Styles Area: Allows selected text to be formatted using conditional formatting or formatted using a selected table style.
- Editing Area: Applies AutoSum or Sort & Filter to selected text.
- Worksheet Area: Allows creation of visual areas for selected texts, insertion, deletion of selected rows, columns, and cells, and resizing of cells.
- Import Area Allows importing of Excel spreadsheets and csv files
This is displayed by clicking the Design icon on the Ribbon Tab.
This provides access to various functions to define the appearance of a Tabulation:
- Design Area: Applies one of the pre-defined Themes. Also resets the Formatting to the default settings.
- Slicers Area: Enables the slicer style (Classic, Modern, or Clean) and position (Default, Left, Right, Top, or Bottom) to be defined.
- Window Area: Enables panes to be frozen (Top Row, First Column, or User-defined). Also used to unfreeze frozen panes.
- Cells Area: Allows additional columns and rows to be added.
- Print Area: Enables Print Area to be set or cleared.
Change Visual Ribbon
This is displayed by clicking the Change Visual Ribbon Tab.
This allows users to change the visualization for the currently selected visualization to any of the visualization types.
- Cell Formatting
- Numeric Formatting
- Filtering and Sorting Tables
- Conditional Formatting
- Using Live Data
- Managing Data Sources