Tabulate features four ribbons, exposing a range of functionality that can be used to change the design and formatting of the tabulation, provide logic, query and data merging and manipulation functionality. These features offer the user a tremendous amount of flexibility when it comes to merging and mashing data sources. They also give the user great freedom in terms of defining the look and feel of the tabulation.
This is displayed by as the default when Tabulate is started. It can be displayed, when required, by clicking the Tabulate icon on the Ribbon Tab:
Items on the Main Ribbon provide access to the most frequently used functions within Tabulate.
- Clipboard Area: Allows users to cut, copy, paste and apply the format painter to copy formatting from one cell to other cells.
- Font Area: Applies fonts, font sizes, indentation, font formatting, borders, and colors to the selected text.
- Paragraph Area: Applies vertical and horizontal alignment, word wrap and merge and center to the selected text.
- Number Area: Allows formatting of numbers, currencies, percentage, comma, and increase or decrease of decimal places.
- Styles Area: Allows selected text to be formatted using conditional formatting or formatted using a selected table style.
- Editing Area: Applies AutoSum or Sort & Filter to selected text.
- Worksheet Area: Allows creation of visual areas for selected texts, insertion, deletion of selected rows, columns, and cells, and resizing of cells.
This is displayed by clicking the Design icon on the Ribbon Tab.
This provides access to various functions to define the appearance of a Tabulation:
- Design Area: Applies one of the pre-defined Themes. Also resets the Formatting to the default settings, and enable or disable gridlines and headers.
- Slicers Area: Enables the slicer style (Classic, Modern, or Clean) and position (Default, Left, Right, Top, or Bottom) to be defined.
- Window Area: Enables panes to be frozen (Top Row, First Column, or User-defined). Also used to unfreeze frozen panes.
- Cells Area: Allows additional columns and rows to be added.
- Print Area: Enables Print Area to be set or cleared.
Advanced Settings Ribbon
This is displayed by clicking the Advanced Settings icon on the Ribbon Tab.
This provides access to various advanced functions for use with a Tabulation:
- Logic Tools Area: Enables Functions to be inserted in a Tabulation. Also provides access to the Solver.
- Query Tools Area: Allows slicers to be applied to a visualization. Provides access to Parameters, enables Global Parameters to be defined and attached to (or detached from) a Tabulation. and enables internal parameters to be defined
- Data Area: Enables data sources to be edited and data models to be mapped.
- Import Area: Enables spreadsheets to be imported into the current worksheet.
Change Visual Ribbon
This is displayed by clicking the Change Visual Ribbon Tab.
This allows users to change the visualization for the currently selected visualization to any of the visualization types.