A named range is one or more cells that have been given a name. Using named ranges can make formulas easier to read and understand. Named ranges provide an easy method to define visual areas and print areas. They also provide simple navigation via the Name Box. You can assign a name to a range of cells within a Tabulation. You can subsequently use this range for future operations.
The Named Range
To create a Named Range:
- Highlight the cells you require.
- The Named Range box is situated in the top left of the Tabulation (red box).
- Enter the name for the range in the box and press Return.
- The Named Range is now created.
Using Named Ranges to Set Visual Areas and Print Areas
- Select the desired named range (previously created) from the Named Range Box
- Create the visual area or print area using the selected cells