Returns the distance between two points on the globe
- Returned Output: Text
- Library: PQL \ Common \ Geo
- Version: 2020.13.000
- Can be combined with and other PQL function throughout the application.
- It CANNOT be used with MDX or VBA functions. But it can be used on MDX-based content in other parts of the application.
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The function requires "to" and "from" positions on the globe and calculates the distance between the 2 points accounting for the curvature of the earth.
- The first latitude and longitude represents the "from"
- The second latitude and longitude represents the "to"
This example finds the distance between New York and California. In both cases, the mid-point of each state is used.
GeoDistance (40.7128, 74.0060, 36.7783, 119.4179)