Returns a result string by extracting the characters between the two specified positions of a given string.
- Returned Output: Text
- Library: PQL \ Common \ String
- Version: 2018.00.000
- Can be combined with and other PQL function throughout the application.
- It CANNOT be used with MDX or VBA functions. But it can be used on MDX-based content in other parts of the application.
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The input text string can be any alphanumeric set of characters.
- The start and end positions are integer numbers.
- Counting starts from 0, with the start position (the first letter in the string) being 0.
- The index is returned, not including the end position.
This example returns "pl" from the input string "apple" by taking the characters from positions 2 and 3:
In this example, "gin" is returned from the input string "original". The start and end positions are 3 and 6, so the characters from position 3 to position 5 are returned.