Returns a list of forecasted values for the number of periods specified using 'best fit'
- Returned Output: Numeric List
- Library: PQL \ Dynamic \ Grid
- Version: 2020.02.000
- Compatibility: Any content (regardless of data source) in the relevant parts of the application
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The numeric listing is the set of 'existing' values that will drive the forecast formula.
- The forecast periods is the number of periods to forecast into the future,
- Forecasting uses the internal 'best fit' engine that appraises several forecasting algorithms and chooses the one with the highest statistical fit.
The example below uses the following example grid.
Note that the yellow forecasted results are shown to demonstrate the outcomes.
This example returns a list of 6 numbers representing the future forecasted values based on the 2018 data: 453k,321k,401k etc.