Returns a member that is a number of months prior to or after the specified date-time member.
- Returned Output: Member
- Library: PQL \ Semantic \ Date-Time
- Version: 2018.00.000
- Compatibility: Pyramid Query Language (PQL) data sources
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The member needs to be an existing member from a date-time flagged attribute in the model.
- Use a positive integer to count months forward from the given date, in order to return a member after the given date.
- Use negative integers to return a member from a specified month prior to the given date.
- For details on how to employ and use this function see the semantic calculation overview.
Different Function types
- This function is similar the MDX lag or lead function - but is more useful being date-time aware.
- To use a simple AddMonths date-time operation on a list of dates, use the Common library function.
Adding 6 months to the date 2016-01-03 will return the date 2016-07-03:
AddMonths( [data].[dateKey]., 6 )
The following example uses the Range function to generate a range of dates, from 2016-01-03 to 2 months after that date:
Range( [data].[dateKey]. , AddMonths( [data].[dateKey]., 2 ) )