Returns a member that is a number of quarters prior to or after the specified date-time member.
- Returned Output: Member
- Library: PQL \ Semantic \ Date-Time
- Version: 2018.00.000
- Compatibility: Pyramid Query Language (PQL) data sources
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The member needs to be an existing member from a date-time flagged attribute in the model.
- Use a positive integer to count quarters forward from the given date, in order to return a member after the given date.
- Use a negative integer to return a member from a specified quarter prior to the given date.
- For details on how to employ and use this function see the semantic calculation overview.
Different Function types
- This function is similar the MDX lag or lead function - but is more useful being date-time aware.
- To use a simple AddMonths date-time operation on a list of dates, use the Common library function.
In this example, a negative integer is used to return a date 5 quarters prior to the date 2018-12-23:
AddQuarters( [data].[dateKey]., -5 )
The result is 2017-09-23.