Returns all the descendant member elements of the specified member in a 'regular' hierarchy at a specified level of the hierarchy.
- Returned Output: List
- Library: PQL \ Semantic \ Hierarchical
- Version: 2020.00.000
- Compatibility: Pyramid Query Language (PQL) data sources
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The member needs to be the unique name of an existing member in a hierarchy in the model.
- The level needs to be the unique name of an existing level in a hierarchy in the model.
- The function will not work on drill-path hierarchies.
- For details on how to employ and use this function see the semantic calculation overview.
Different Function types
- This function is like the MDX descendants function.
This example returns the member all the counties in the USA from the Geography hierarchy in the Customer dimension (assuming the hierarchy had 4 levels: Country, State, County, Zip Code)