Returns the parent member of the specified member in a 'regular' hierarchy.
- Returned Output: Member
- Library: PQL \ Semantic \ Hierarchical
- Version: 2020.00.000
- Compatibility: Pyramid Query Language (PQL) data sources
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The member needs to be the unique name of an existing member in a hierarchy in the model.
- The function will not work on drill-path hierarchies.
- For details on how to employ and use this function see the semantic calculation overview.
Different Function types
- This function is like the MDX parent function.
This example returns the member "USA" from the Geography hierarchy in the Customer dimension based on picking the member "New York"
Parent( [Customer].^[Geography].[USA].[New York])