Returns a member which is offset backwards from the specified member in a given hierarchy or attribute.
- Returned Output: Member
- Library: PQL \ Semantic \ Member
- Version: 2018.00.000
- Compatibility: Pyramid Query Language (PQL) data sources
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The member needs to be the unique name of an existing member in a hierarchy in the model.
- The integer position offset can be a positive or negative integer
- For details on how to employ and use this function see the semantic calculation overview.
Different Function types
- This function is like the MDX lag function and is a specific variation of the PQL Offset function.
- The reciprocal Lead function operates similarly.
Also see the Offset function.
This example returns the member "2017" from the year hierarchy in the dates dimension (or table) since it is 2 positions lagging behind the year 2019:
Lag( [dates].[year]. 2 )
This example returns the member September in the month hierarchy because it is 3 positions from the month of June. It is reflected forwards because it is NEGATIVE 3 positions from June:
Lag( [dates].[month].[June] -3 )