Returns the first member from list of member elements in an attribute.
- Returned Output: Member
- Library: PQL \ Semantic \ Member
- Version: 2018.00.000
- Compatibility: Pyramid Query Language (PQL) data sources
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The hierarchy or attribute needs to be the unique name for an existing hierarchy in the model.
- The filtering member is the unique name for a member that will filter the set of members used to find the first member.
- For details on how to employ and use this function see the semantic calculation overview.
Different Function types
- This function is similar to the MDX "FirstSibling" function.
- The reciprocal ClosingElement function operates similarly.
This example returns the member Acadia in the county hierarchy:
ClosingElement( [customer].[county] )
This example returns the member Albany in the county hierarchy (cross) filtered by the element "NY" in the states hierarchy:
OpeningElement( [customer].[county], [cust