Themes allow end users to quickly and consistently style content between different visuals and reports and across applications. The theme manager provides an interface for admins to add, edit and remove the various design themes.
Note: The product comes preloaded with example themes that can be modified, copied or removed as needed.
Beware: The system requires at least 1 theme to operate.
The theme manager allows admins to quickly :
- Edit a theme - clicking on a theme will launch the theme editor where the theme template can be edited.
- Duplicate a theme - a good way to start your next theme is to based it on a copy of an existing one
- Export a theme - needed for porting theme definitions between different instances of Pyramid
- Delete a theme - remove the unneeded theme packs. Removing unneeded themes can have a positive impact on performance
Using the macro buttons at the top of the manager:
- Add a theme - this allows admins to start with a new, blank theme template
- Import a theme - this allows admins to import a previously exported theme file ("PAT").
- Hide / Show secured themes - this provides a clearer view of themes in the system by hiding secured themes from the manager list.
Separately, the manager lets admins configure:
- The Default theme - this is the standard theme that will be chosen when all visualizations are created, as well as the default choice for all Presentations and Publications. In a multi-tenant deployment, a different theme can be set as the tenant's default theme.
- Theme Security - the admins can elect to make certain themes specific to a tenant. This will block all other tenants on the system from seeing that theme. (Non-secured themes will be visible to all users on the system.) Once the security option has been enabled, the admin needs to choose the relevant tenant in the next column of the theme manager.