Users with the appropriate license type and Profile permissions are able to access Discover Pro and use all of the Discover Pro capabilities. Click here to understand more about the different types of Discover tools and the different access rights.
To launch Discover, click one of the Discover access points from the homepage. If the profile you're assigned to has been given standard Discover access (instead of "Lite" access), this button will launch the Discover Pro module.
You can also open a new discovery from within a module by opening the module menu:
Opening a Data Model
Open the data model you want to analyze by making the relevant selections from the New Discover page:
- Choose the server.
- Use the search option (red box above) to find items by name.
- Use the drop-down data type filter (yellow box above) by selecting a data source type to only display items of the specified data type.
- Use the sort by drop-down (green box above) to arrange the servers by name, data source type, or to arrange by folder. The folder name can be created when creating the data source.
- Select the required database within the given server.
- Select the data model that you want to query.
Note: The filter and sort selections are saved within the session, so any subsequent discovery will default to the selected sort and filter selections.
Note: Hover your cursor over the server to see the server name, type, and description in a tooltip.
Once you have selected your data model, you will be presented with the data model in the Discover Pro interface shown below, and you can begin querying the model.
Note: You can also type your question directly into the search bar in the middle of the page; opening the chatbot and using AI to build your visual. For more information, see Type your question.
There are slight variations here depending on the type of model technology: