From Scripting, users can write scripts to be used in Model and Discover. These scripts can be saved and shared, like any other content item, and then injected into the Data Flow in Model, or into Discovery queries.
From the Language drop-down in the ribbon, choose the required scripting language: Python or R.
From the Script Type drop-down in the ribbon, select the kind of script you need to build:
- Modeling Script: use Python and R scripts as data sources, by downloading or writing a script and converting it into a table.
- Modeling Learn & Predict Script: produce machine learning (ML) models that can then be saved, set as a target, and downloaded. This powerful tool is then used to make predictions based on your data set.
- Discovery Forecast: forecasting is used to project future values in a time series; from the Scripting module, you write custom forecasting logic to be injected into queries at runtime.
- Click here to learn how to inject a shared script into the data flow.
- Click here to learn about learn & predict scripts in Model.
- Click here to learn about forecasting in Discover.
- Click here to learn about custom forecasting scripts.
From the Properties panel, set the script input and output, and choose the required virtual scripting environment.
- Click here to learn about virtual scripting environments and packages.
- Click here to learn about providing script input and output.
Click the run button in the ribbon to test the script: