SAP HANA can be used:
- As a datasource in the ETL for data mash ups
As a 'pass-through' data source, where queries are run directly against the datasource using schemas and models built in Pyramid
- As a 'pass-through' datasource, connecting to existing HANA views and use them as data models - see Querying SAP HANA for details
SAP HANA in Data Modeling
Once SAP HANA has been configured as a data source in the Admin Console, it can be used to build data preparation flows in Model.
When selecting HANA content, the table tree is presented in a tree interface to better represent the various schemas and data content types available in HANA.
Note: Parameterized System Views are not currently supported.
The different items are denoted by the following icons:
- Sheet icons for Attribute Views: import data from preexisting attribute views designed in HANA
- Calculator icons for Calculated Views: import data from preexisting calculated views designed in HANA
- Tables icon for database tables: select tables from the database to import the raw data into a mash-up
If the Pass-through switch is applied, the resulting model will simply query the HANA objects directly.
Note: Hierarchies defined in a Hana view will load a 'regular' drill down hierarchies unless specified otherwise when setting up the Hana connector in the administrative console.