There are a few ways to open an existing model definition file. Once opened, you can edit the file if you are the owner or if you have Write permissions to the file.
Open a Model Definition File
When a model is saved, its model definition file is saved to the content manager, like any other content type. When the model definition file is executed, it produces materialized artifacts (a database and data models).
Open an existing model definition file from the:
- Content Manager: find the file in its folder location and click on it to open it.
- Quick Open: access the Quick Open menu from the App Tabs; find and select the definition file.
- Click here to learn more about the model definition file and materialized artifacts.
- Click here to learn how to query a materialized data model.
Edit a Model
Once you've opened the model definition file, you can edit it (as long as you have write permission)
- Click here to learn about permissions.