The drop-down list allows you to select a numbering format that will be applied to the selected text.
The drop-down list enables you to specify one of the following:
- General: displays numbers as entered
- Number: displays the number with the specified decimal places, and millions/thousands separator.
- Currency: displays the number with the specified currency symbol, the currency symbol used is selected via the $ icon.
- Accounting: displays the number as a right-justified currency, the currency symbol used is selected via the $ icon.
- Short Date: displays the number as a date, in the format: dd/mmm/yyyy (for example: 12/11/2022)
- Long Date: displays the number as a date in the format DDD, dd mmm yyyy (for example: Saturday 12 November 2022)
- Time: displays the number as a 24hr clock.
- Percentage: displays the number as a percentage.
- Fraction: displays the number as an imperial fraction (for example: ¼)
- Scientific: displays the number in scientific notation (for example: 2.50E-01)
- Text: displays the number as text. In this format, mathematical calculations can no longer be performed.
- Comma Style: displays large numbers with a comma separating millions and thousands.
- Decimal: displays the number as a non-separated number with the number of decimal places as specified.
Below the drop-down list are other icons. They operate as follows
Choose the required currency from the drop-down list.
Sets the number displayed to a percentage. Has the same function as ‘Percentage’ from the drop-down list
Inserts a comma separator for Millions and Thousands. Has the same function as ‘Comma Style’ from the drop-down list.
Adds or removes one decimal place each time the relevant icon is clicked.