Parameters are an advanced feature that allows users to build lists of items that can be used to drive other calculations or logic. By using a parameter, the designer can make a visual element pop-up in the UI of the application, allowing the consumer to make a runtime selection, which in turn will change the logic or behavior of a calculation or report.
Parameters can be either:
- 'static' - hard coded items simply typed into the system. This includes text or numbers.
- 'dynamic' - derived values from data models found in the system. This is usually a list of hierarchy elements or members.
- Global: these may be used across different data models. Global parameters can only be "static".
- Internal: these are used only within Tabulate.
You control Parameters and their use via the Query Tools area of the Advanced Setting ribbon:
- Global Parameter: Use this to manage Global Parameters.
- Attach/Detach Parameters: Use this to attach or detach Parameters from the Tabulation.
- Internal Parameters: Use this to manage Parameters that are only for use in Tabulate.