Returns a date-time value that is the number of months prior to or after the specified date-time value.
- Returned Output: Date-Time
- Library: PQL \ Common \ Date-Time
- Version: 2018.00.000
- Can be combined with and other PQL function throughout the application.
- It CANNOT be used with MDX or VBA functions. But it can be used on MDX-based content in other parts of the application.
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The date time value can be any element that resolves to a date-time value.
- Use a positive month integer to count months forward from the given date, in order to return a date after the given date.
- Use negative month integers to return a specified date prior to the given date.
Different Function types
- To use a AddMonths date-time operation on a date-time member, use the Semantic library function.
This example subtracts 2 months from the current date "2019-Apr-08 14:35:00.2" - returning February 8 2019
AddMonths( dateTime(), -2 )
If the figure had been set to "2" the result would have been 2019-06-08 instead.