Formats date-time values into strings using the chosen format or 'mask'.
- Returned Output: Date-Time
- Library: PQL \ Common \ Date-Time
- Version: 2018.00.000
- Can be combined with and other PQL function throughout the application.
- It CANNOT be used with MDX or VBA functions. But it can be used on MDX-based content in other parts of the application.
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The date time value can be any element that resolves to a date-time value.
- The text mask is a prescribed input that instructs the engine on how to format the date or time.
- Format produces a text string. It cannot be used for subsequent date time operations.
Different Function types
- This function is like the Excel Format function.
- Use the Format function to format numbers.
The syntax for describing a date-time format mask is based on Java specifications. Details on the specification can be found here.
This produces "2019-Apr-08 14:35:00.2". The date-time value is generated from the "dateTime" function, which gets the current date-time of the system.
DateFormat(dateTime(), "yyyy-MMM-dd HH:mm:ss.S")
This produces 06-18. The date-time value is generated from a another string using the "StringToDateTime" function.
This produces 2018-1 for the first week in 2018.