Returns the proxy acocunt value of the currently logged in user.
- Returned Output: Text
- Library: PQL \ Common \ Identity
- Version: 2020.25.000
- Can be combined with and other PQL function throughout the application.
- It CANNOT be used with MDX or VBA functions. But it can be used on MDX-based content in other parts of the application.
- The function returns a text string of the user's "Proxy Account" value as set in the admin.
- The function takes no inputs
- The function is often used to customize the way queries or formula's operate based on the user that is currently running a report or dashboard. It can also be used in driving member level security for data models - allowing a data model to be customized for each user logging into the application.
Different Function types
- This function is like the MDX username function.
- The other "identity" functions can be used to secure and customize the analytics experience. For more see the UserPrincipalAlt function.
This example shows how to use the UserProxyAccount function to create a member object from a table called "security", on a column called "Proxy".